The MIG provides an informal venue for both current research groups, as well as new users, to i) more effectively utilize campus metabolomics resources, ii) obtain user support and provide community feedback, and iii) promote opportunities for collaborative interactions.
Last month's Metabolomics Interest Group meeting was held on Tuesday, May 26th from 3:00 - 4:00 pm, BioSci III Conference Room, Rm 2120.
Tpoics discussed included:
1) Processing of GC EI-MS data, specifically:
- Spectra deconvolution from complex mixtures
- Spectra searching of databases, e.g. NIST libraries
- Scoring match results and building user databases
2) Reviewing statistical methods for LC-MS/MS data:
- Processing peak lists for biomarker selection (normalization and parameter selection)
- Data plotting tools, including Cloud plots, Volcano plots, Heatmaps etc.