The MIG provides an informal venue for both current research groups, as well as new users, to i) more effectively utilize campus metabolomics resources, ii) obtain user support and provide community feedback, and iii) promote opportunities for collaborative interactions.
- Basic untargeted metabolomics experimental designs,
- Sample handling and data collection
- Various software analytical packages, including: Waters MarkerLynx and Progenesis QI packages, Scripps XCMS Online and the open source package MetaboAnalyst.
- Advances in methods/technologies/instrumentation - primarily MS techniques.
- Strategies for small molecule quantification and biomarker identification.
- Data processing pipelines and software for manipulation of large omic datasets.
- Basic training for open access instruments in the UCI Mass Spectrometry Core Facility.
Please check back on the Community pages for future announcements or send an email to Felix Grün (Subj: MIG) to be included on the mailing list.
Anna Kicheva et al. Science (2014), 345, 1254927; DOI: 10.1126/science.