APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED.
Once you are admitted to the course, we will send you the payment information. Depending on your selection of either the Full Course or the Prep Week Only, participant costs are as follows:
US Citizens and Permanent Residents
- A registration fee of $500 will be charged to cover meals-on-site, which includes continental breakfast and lunch.
- Participants will be reimbursed for travel (air, rail, ground transportation) based on their location of origin.
- Participants coming from Southern California (other than Orange County) will be reimbursed up to $250
- Participants coming from the U.S. West Coast or Arizona will be reimbursed up to $500
- Participants coming from all other locations will be reimbursed up to $900.
- Participants will be reimbursed approximately $75 per day (maximum per participant $1,000) to defray costs of lodging and meals not provided during course time (receipts will be required). More funds may be available depending upon the number of participants and the costs they incur.
Non-US Citizens or International Applicants:
Per NIH policy, applicants who are not US citizens or permanent residents are not eligible for reimbursement of costs associated with travel or subsistence. In addition, the registration fee for such applicants will be $2200, to cover the costs of course materials, supplies. Part of this fee ($500) will be collected as a deposit once the applicant is accepted to the course, and the remaining $1700 will be collected prior to the start of the course.
Applicants are responsible for arranging appropriate travel visas in a timely manner.
Prep Week Only:
A processing fee of $25 will be charged for all admitted participants.
Fellowships are available for diverse, disabled or under-represented minority applicants to cover up to 100% of the registration fee, as well as any unreimbursed portion of travel or subsistence costs.
UCI is most easily reached by air from Orange County/John Wayne Airport (SNA). Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is about an hour’s drive. The nearest rail stop is Irvine Station (Amtrak, Metrolink).
A number of low-cost hotels are available in the area that provides shuttle service to UCI. These include:
We will assist participants in finding appropriate hotels and in arranging to share rooms with other meeting participants. Individuals are welcome to choose other locations, e.g. through rental services such as Airbnb.